Jazzing up a salad for spring entertaining is as easy as adding a few special ingredients, like toasted pistachio nuts and sliced strawberries. The mint vinaigrette gives the salad a fresh taste, and the strawberries and nuts provide great contrast in texture and flavor. I love to serve this salad as part of a brunch menu. I usually make extra dressing so I have it for a quick weeknight meal. Add roasted or grilled chicken to this salad and you have yourself a healthy lunch or dinner.
This salad travels well if the ingredients are kept separate and tossed together when ready to serve.
- 1/4 C. shelled pistachios, toasted
- 1/2 C. strawberries, sliced
- 5 oz mesclun salad or baby romaine salad mix
- 1/2 C. mint vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. honey (or agave nectar)
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large food processor, blend the oil and mint until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until fully combined.
- Toss salad ingredients with dressing in a large salad bowl. Serve immediately.
Maked about 1 cup of dressing and can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge (bring to room temp before serving).