Celebrating St. Patrick’s day doesn’t have to be all about green beer. Put together a cheese platter featuring Irish-made favorites in honor of St. Patrick. Here’s a nice combo of Irish cheeses to serve, with varieties that you can find at most well-stocked grocery stores. The Guiness-laced cheedar is a particularly festive addition for St. Patrick’s day.
Serve with sliced brown bread, hearty crackers and dried apricots.
- Irish Cheddar - a sharp, clean tasting cheddar
- Coolea - similar to Gouda
- Dubliner - an aged cheddar with the sweet aftertaste of Parmegano Reggiano
- Cahill’s Porter Cheese - sharp cheedar laced with Guiness Irish porter
- Cashel Blue - a creamy blue cheese