Hosting a super bowl party is one of the easiest events to host – the center of attention is a game and casual food is expected. Don’t let the ease of the party ruin your imagination when it comes to the food. Even if you plan to order pizza, make any of these easy and delicious super bowl snacks that will score you some major points with the hungry fans.
- This Tex Mex bean salad is delicious, easy and healthy. The combination of fresh herbs and a store-bought dressing give the beans great flavor without much effort and it's even better made in advance. Texas caviar is also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan, so it's great for health-consicous super bowl fans.
- Bacon-lovers rejoice! There is a way to make bacon into a super bowl snack. Rub it with brown sugar and a pinch of smoked paprika, bake it on a cooling rack set above a cookie sheet and watch it turn into crispy, caramelized deliciousness right before your eyes. Plan to make about 3 slices per person if you have a bacon lovin' crowd watching the game.
Hot Spinach Dip
- A crowd-pleasing hot dip makes a great snack for the super bowl. This hot spinach dip is fast and easy, and can even be made a few days in advance; just pop it into the oven 30 minutes before the super bowl starts and your kitchen will be filled with a delicious, warm smell as fans arrive. It has all the creamy goodness of traditional spinach dip, but is lightened a bit by substituting low-fat mayo, cream cheese and Greek yogurt for the usual full-fat versions.
Green Pea Guacamole
- Serve this low-cal "guac" as you would a regular guacamole, with chips and veggies for dipping during the super bowl. Use leftovers on tacos and breakfast burritos. It's also a great topping for fish or grilled chicken.
Maple Spiced Nuts
- Treat your friends to something they wouldn’t normally make for themselves – homemade spiced nuts. They're the perfect make-ahead super bowl snack and have a great sweet & salty combo that makes them totally addictive.